Below you find the preamble to the Liemers List. Do you want to read the entire list? You can find it here.
We, the young people of HOPE XXL,
• Thank previous generations for the extent of universal civilization that has been achieved to date. HOPE XXL wants to build on this and offer a new perspective to present and future generations;
• Notice an unacceptable difference in prosperity and well-being between humans worldwide;
• Presume the universal wish to enjoy good health, live in peace and freedom, in harmony with the environment and with the right balance between prosperity and well-being;
• Request society, united in political, religious and social associations, to jointly realize this universal wish;
• Consider the notion that one treats others as one would want to be treated him/herself a guiding principle for human actions;
• Presume that man is open to reason and believe in the power of dialogue in order to reach agreement;
• Strive after a world in which each world citizen grades his or her life as ‘good’. Both material and immaterial well-being are of importance here.
• Want to build bridges between generations, religions, convictions, political movements, races and nations, and focus on what binds people instead of what separates them;
• Are aware that some issues may be realized rapidly, whereas the realization of other items may take decades;
• Request everybody to think together with us in order to reach a world perspective;
And therefore we
• Present the Liemers List as the vision of the younger generation on the future;
• Share the Liemers List with all world citizens. Each and every one may submit amendments and suggestions towards adding or deleting items. Taking these European observations into account, the Liemers List 3.0 will be drafted in 2012. In 2014 version 4.0 will follow containing contributions from all over the world;
• Present Liemers List 4.0 to the United Nations General Assembly;
• Request the United Nations General Assembly, together with all world citizens, to implement the Liemers List.
October 2011, The Netherlands